As a general rule, we do not collect Personal Information* about you when you visit our site. You can generally visit our site without telling us who you are or revealing other Personal Information*, unless you choose to provide such information to us. The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site. If you visit our site to read or download information, we record the following:
- Your server’s address.
- The name of the top level domain from which you access the Internet (eg .gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz).
- The type of browser you use.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded.
- The previous Internet address from which you linked directly to our site.
- The Internet address to which you link directly from our site.
The above information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, discover what information is most and least used, determine technical design specifications, and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities except where we are required to do so by law.
Collection of personal information.
Where we ask you for any Personal Information* we will tell you how we intend to use that information should you choose to give it to us. All Personal Information* provided through this site will remain confidential and will not be used or disclosed without your consent unless we are required to do so by law.
Your e-mail address will only be recorded if you send us a message. It will be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, and will not be added to a mailing list or disclosed to a third party.
If at any time you believe we have not adhered to the principles referred to in this privacy statement or have any other comments on these principles, please notify us.
Transmission of data via the Internet
While WDU endeavours to make this site secure, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure network that may be at risk of transactions being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties. If you wish to contact WDU without sending information via the Internet, please contact us.
* The use of the term “Personal Information” in this privacy statement means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.